Sunday, June 25, 2006

1 (GBP) = 3,406 (UGX)



Feels good to be home an back in the land of leisure.
Upon boarding a bus Jon an I didn't attract the usual handful of looks that we have grown accustomed to. That doesn't bother me at all. Its nice to pay established prices and avoid the standard haggling that we have been forced to do for all of our travel needs.

Speaking of money, I carried back some Ugandan shillings and had them in my pocket when I added some British pound coinage to the same pocket. When I pulled out the collection I noticed that the Ugandan 500 shilling piece looks an awful lot like the 1 pound coin without close inspection. Sure wouldn't want to confuse those two when you pay considering that one is roughly 1/10th the value of the other, or would you?

Budgeting in Uganda was a breeze but a few days in London will remind you what a budget is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home